Friday 29 June 2012

Another day another dollar! or more like another day another set of Miss Darcy Teacups!!

No two days are the same running a business and from my limited experience (only been in business 7 months) as a rule there is no consistency with regards product sales, apart from one!  Yes my Miss Darcy Teacups from Bombay Duck just fly off the shelves.  When I first started back in November I stocked just the Miss Darcy Powder Blue Teacups but as demand grew I expanded the range and now stock all four colours; powder blue, rose pink, mint and lavender.  I have also taken on the Blush Pink Teapot, Sugar Bowl and Milk Jug which also prove very popular, but without a doubt the teacups are the winners and as I have put 4 of them together as a set (one of each colour) with of course a reduced price then these sets tend to be a winner.  So as it is a daily occurrence to be posting Miss Darcy Teacups all over the UK I thought it was worthy of a mention and part of my title strap line today.

It is only fair in love and war to thus do a shameless plug and promotion for all things Miss Darcy and the pictures at the bottom of the blogs will contain the links to your shopping heaven.

On with the lighter side (or not so light) side of my blog!  I have commented about running for a beach bod, and my inevitable concerns as an early 40 something as to how to dress these days.  Well, I met another lovely friend yesterday (Thursday) for coffee (yes I can hear you say it another Coffee House) this time in Starbucks in Market Harborough.  After the 2 mint blend teas (me) and I believe there was an Americano followed by a flat white (hope I have got that right) for my friend, and about an hour and a half of chat we took to the shops of Market Harborough for some potential sale shopping.  I for one really need a pair of shorts, I have a great really comfortable pair which I purchased from Monsoon years ago which I think look and feel good but they are worn through in places so really can no longer be classed as a 'smart' pair of shorts.

We headed into a couple of shops but I found myself in Phase 8, not trying on shorts but trying on a lovely chocolate coloured flowy dress which looked fab on the hanger but when I tried it on I looked like a cube, my waist had disappeared.  My waist is probably one of my more positive body attributes so not one which I need to hide as a rule.  We then ambled over to Fat Face where I had previously seen some good looking shorts and a great crochet effect top.  Feeling that this was the look I was after I opted to try the combo on, I played it safe and took two sizes into the changing rooms.  Being bold I tried on the smaller pair of shorts first, big mistake, far from flattering, bulges in places bulges should never exist.  I opted for the larger pair, a size which even on a bad day I get away with and I was still horrified.  Was this my wake-up call, have I had my head in the sand (I wish on a great beach), no this was reality hitting home.  I could no longer kid myself that it was safe to enter the children's chocolate and crisp basket.  I now had to totally ban myself if I was to ever purchase a new pair of shorts.

My lovely friend also felt similarly concerned (although I feel her plight is no where near as bad as mine) and we both vowed there and then that measures were needed and an incentive too.  We have promised that during the last week of the school term which is in only 3 weeks that we will have made in roads in tackling this short fobia issue and will go shopping to MK to buy those holiday shorts.

So to the diet - (my head is saying - I LOVE FOOD, I LOVE FOOD, I REALLY LOVE FOOD and I cannot stand feeling hungry or feeling as if I have to deny myself something) BUT whilst I am fortunate enough to not have suffered any real addictions I do believe I have a chocolate addiction and this I need to tackle.  The problem comes with eating low cocoa solid chocolate bars the sort that you put in your kids lunchbox, they are truly addictive.  I can never just have one, why have single Twix fingers when you know you will want a second, makes no sense.  Well I have been good now for a total of 48 hours (Wow I hear you say), I am having a bowl of cereal for breakfast, a bowl of cereal for lunch and then a good meal in the evening and fruit if I need it.  If I was going to a CA meeting (Chocolholics Anonymous) then I would be able to stand up and declare that I have been 'clean' 'dry' or 'sugar free' for 48 hours and feel proud.

Well the truth will be in the pudding (probably not the best analogy) but in 3 weeks time I will shop for shorts and hopefully that great pair will be waiting for me.

I know this is rather a long ranting blog today but I have received a text from a friend telling me that on ITV This Morning Show today there has been a poll saying women over 39 should retire their bikinis!!  This takes me back to a blog of my last week.  I need to obviously look into this but if you have seen the programme this morning and would like to comment then please do so on this blog.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Oh and here are the Miss Darcy Teacups et al!

Miss Darcy Teacups Individually £13.95 or set of 4  £49.95 from Sanibel Home Interiors (Free Delivery)

Miss Darcy Blush Teapot £27.95 from Sanibel Home Interiors (Free Delivery)

Miss Darcy Blush Milk Jug £11.95 (Free Delivery) from Sanibel Home Interiors

Miss Darcy Sugar Bowl £11.95 (Free Delivery) from Sanibel Home Interiors



No comments:

Post a Comment