Friday 19 October 2012

Sanibel Home Interiors - Back with a Vengeance!

It feels strange to be composing what is my first blog entry since June, the summer came and went in flash (mostly flash floods in places) but now we are well and truly in the middle of Autumn heading towards the bitter chill of Winter.  I have been so remiss these past months, I have ignored the cry's of social media promotion and in effect had my head in the sand hoping that it wouldn't matter if I did not blog or sweet or make my Facebook page look twee, but the truth is in this age of social media online interaction it does.  I do actually long for those days when you posted a letter and in effect your job was done for a few days whilst you waited for the response.  These days everyone wants something yesterday and I believe society has become more and more impatient.  Anyway rant over, Sanibel Home Interiors - Making a House a Home Blog is back and if I can keep the momentum going I will hope to brighten your day with some lovely interior gifts and accessories and at this time of year those all important Christmas Decorations - yes Santa is back in the building more precisely my stock room and he is looking fab!

For those of you that are interested in the lighter side of blogging back in June I was jogging and trying to lose an ounce or two in order to buy a pair of shorts for my holiday, well, I did secure a great pair of shorts from Fat Face and was very pleased with their look on holiday.  My Good Friend who should be affectionately known as 'An Americano with Room' accompanied me on a pre school break up shopping session and came away with a few delightful purchases including on my part a bargain pair of Mango Jeans from John Lewis on sale just £12.99 (bargain of the year!).  I also commented back in June that I and another friend of mine aka 'Turkish Delight' were discussing the dilemma facing us over 40 ladies namely, to wear a bikini or not on the beach.  ITV This Morning at the time were running a poll on whether ladies over 39 should retire their bikinis.  Well ...  I spent two lovely weeks in Portugal this year and it was fair to say that there were a considerable number of ladies who would fit the over 39 category who felt very comfortable in their bikinis.  I admit there were all shapes and sizes but no body cared, the fashion and age police were not on patrol to issue warnings or reprimands.  Everyone I observed were just doing their best to secure a good tan and relax.  I will admit I did join those ladies, I was not bold enough to walk along the beach with my bikini on and I have to admit that entering the sea posed certain challenges especially with powerful waves (mainly due to lack of Lycra in my outfit I believe!) but I did gain the benefits of the bikini when seated or lying down and felt comfortable and not at all out of place.  SOooo.. all in all I believe as mentioned back in June if you have got it flaunt it and don't worry what other's think.  Most of those that criticise will reach that golden age one day and it will be interesting to see if they too have the same dilemma!

Business is buzzing this time of year due to the fact that with Christmas only weeks away the mindset towards spending changes.  It moves from keeping to a necessary budget to being able to justify more discretionary spending.  We all have friends and family that we like to treat at Christmas and each year poses the question 'What to get Grandma this year'?  As it becomes harder and harder each year we look for new ideas, may be personalised items or decide to really splash the boat out on one really lovely tasteful gift.

Sanibel Home Interiors has continued to seek out some of the best British Talent when it comes to art and crafts and bespoke personalised gifts.  We have just started selling a truly lovely range of hand felted and knitted cushions and hot water bottle covers from the Catherine Tough Collection.  All of the items are made to order in her London Studio.  In addition Catherine also makes fab Doorstop Dogs and Draught Excluders.  These are made with cotton material and filled with lovely natural lavender and wheat giving off a calming scent in the home.  The products are luxurious and the prices competitive so make the perfect special Christmas gift.

Here are a few items from the Catherine Tough range and I wonder if you can spot the odd one out!

Doorstop Dog Lavender Filled from Catherine Tough London available from Sanibel Home Interiors priced  £48.00.


Catherine Tough Knitted Cushion from Sanibel Home Interiors priced £49.95


Doorstop Owl - Lavender Filled Handmade in the UK - A unique gift from Sanibel Home Interiors from the Catherine Tough Range priced £48.00



HO HO Santa - Christmas Decorations from Sanibel Home Interiors

Catherine Tough Tea Cosy available from Sanibel Home Interiors

Tea Cosy Handmade by Catherine Tough available from Sanibel Home Interiors priced £25.00
Draught Excluder Dog in Red Drill - Part of the Catherine Tough Range priced £55.00 from Sanibel Home Interiors

In the words of a famous robot I'l be back!! X





No comments:

Post a Comment