Tuesday 19 February 2013

New Year New Colour!

Well with all the great intentions that I set out in my last blog (October 2012) here I am making yet another attempt at prioritising social media. The run up to and including Christmas week was extremely  busy.  I visited a company called DLC in Brackley for the first time with a 'Pop Up' Shop and really enjoyed meeting some lovely Ladies and Gents who purchased many of my Christmas decorations and gifts.  I also took my shop along to Avon HQ in Northampton and was able to help a few people tick off those all important Christmas Gifts.  Online business was bubbly and I managed to ensure all orders arrived in time for Santa!

In addition to managing the business I took on several homemade gift projects myself.  With 2012 having been such a bumper year for the UK with the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee I wanted to capture as many memories as I could for my children (aged 10 and 12) so that in the future they could look back and recall their involvement in 2012.  I set about compiling a scrap book each for them containing memories from the Olympics and the Diamond Jubilee but also memories personally pertaining to them i.e. birthdays, holidays, holding one of the Olympic Torches seeing Usain Bolt run in the 200m heats and for my son his Year 6 Prom when he left Primary School.  In addition I also included some great achievements i.e. Felix Baumgartners leap of faith at the edge of space and lets not forget the releases of films such as Skyfall and The Dark Knight Rises.  I did not realise how long it would take me to complete these scrap books but alas having started them at the end of November I was still finalising them Christmas Eve!  They were worth the effort, the kids loved them on Christmas Day and whilst they will now be stored safely at some point in the future they will bring smiles and memories back to them.

My creative side also came into its own both before and after Christmas.  For my husband I created a piece of Contemporary Shell Art titled 'Love is Not Symmetrical' as seen here;

For the house I finally covered a sofa in the study which needed some TLC.  The sofa having only cost me £25 and I believe has been transformed from a dull plain occasional sofa to a funky more usuable one!  Judge for yourself.  The material I purchased from Ikea for the grand sum of £22!!! What a bargain.


Before
After

Selling interior decorations and gifts has its advantages, you get the benefit of visiting trade shows and viewing the forthcoming trends and of course selecting products to sell but you also can sneak a few products in to your sales lines which are personal favourites.  Here are a few of my personal favourites which I have showcased in my home...  Back soon X



Winter Flora Heart - White 
Winter Flora Heart - Red
                       
Bombay Duck Indian Inspired Photo Frames - Available in Purple, Fuchsia or Turquoise















No comments:

Post a Comment